Jesus Christ is the prophesied Jewish Messiah. Who is the light to all the world. Bringing Jew and Gentile together in one faith in God the father and his son the Messiah to all mankind. Comments are welcomed. Please BOOKMARK this page. CLICK ON ADS TO HELP SUPPORT THIS BLOG.
Signs You’re Not Reading Your Bible Enoughby Alan Smith
Someone has composed the following “Top Ten” list of signs you may not be reading your Bible enough:
10) The Preacher announces the sermon is from Galatians . . . and you check the table of contents.
9) You think Abraham, Isaac & Jacob may have had a few hit songs during the 60’s.
8) You open to the Gospel of Luke and a WWII savings bond falls out.
7) Your favorite Old Testament patriarch is Hercules.
6) Your favorite Bible verse is “Cleanliness is next to godliness.”
5) You become frustrated because Charlton Heston isn’t listed in either the concordance or the table of contents.
4) Catching the kids reading the Song of Solomon, you demand: “Who gave you this stuff?”
3) You think the Minor Prophets worked in the quarries.
2) You keep falling for it every time when the preacher tells you to turn to First Condominiums.
And the number one sign you may not be reading your Bible enough:
1) The kids keep asking too many questions about your usual bedtime story: “Jonah the Shepherd Boy and His Ark of Many Colors.”
It’s hard to over-estimate the importance of reading and studying the Bible. God’s Word is our source of spiritual nourishment, our light in the midst of a dark world, our mirror to see what needs to be corrected in our lives. And yet, it is so easy to let other things get in the way and interrupt time we have wanted to dedicate to Bible reading. “Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day.” (Psalm 119:97).
Have you read your Bible today?